ST.FRANCIS BOARDING SARDHANA
Caputian missionary Fathers established St. Francis Boarding cum
Orphanage in the year 1860.Initialy it was established for about 300 orphans
and poor village boys who are unable to go to school. It was surprising to
learn that the boarding had students not only from different parts of our
country but also from Pakistan.
The beginning stage
In the beginning from 1860- 1884 the boarding was situated in the old
palace of Begum Samru, present St.John seminary. In the year 1884 it was
shifted to St.charles’ Inter College and the underground rooms were used as
In 1967 the boarding was given a place shift to the residence of the famous
architect of the Sardhana Church Mr. Antoney Reglini the present Our Lady
The new Boarding building was constructed in the St.Charles Inter College
Campus in the year 1964. In 1955 the running of the boarding was given to
Montfort Brothers of St.Gabriel.by His Excellency Bishop Evangelist.
Boarding to day
St.Francis Boarding was grown day-by-day and today the boarding is
equipped to accommodate about one hundred boys. Besides the academic
programmes the other aspects like good manners, co- curriculur activates,
sports, games etc are also taken care by the Brothers. We are proud to say
that more than thousand students have passed out from St.Francis Boarding.
Many of them have well settled in life in and abroad.